Instagram is a great social tool to experiment with different types of content and engagement techniques. Instagram Stories allow users to share content such as pictures and videos as they happen in real-time. With a variety of features, stickers, and filters at your disposal, it’s easy to create engaging and creative content.
Unlike curated posts published on your news feed, content posted on Instagram stories disappears after 24 hours. Hence, giving you the freedom to add any filters or stickers you wish to use.
There is a large variety of things you can do by using stickers on Instagram Stories. That includes adding the weather or temperature sticker on your picture or video! In this blog we will learn how to add weather to your stories.
Why would you want the weather sticker on your Instagram Story?
Since Instagram stories are quick and easy to post, they often allow users to share their day and their authentic selves with their followers. Have you ever thought ‘It’s unbelievably sunny and hot today!’ and wanted to share this with your followers? Say you’re on a trip and you travel to a location with extreme weather. Wouldn’t you want to record this? Whether you’re enjoying summertime on a nice beach or in some very unusual situations – such as snow in Texas. You can show all of this using the temperature sticker.
While it simply shows the temperature, the temperature sticker is still one of the most used stickers on Instagram stories.
Add the weather or temperature sticker to your Instagram story in minutes!
The temperature sticker lets you add the current temperature of your location when you are posting Instagram stories. It uses your phone’s GPS to track your current location
You can add the current temperature and weather conditions to your Instagram story by using the built-in Weather sticker. Here are the steps:
1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile device. Tap the Add Story button in the top-left corner or swipe right to access the camera.
2. Take a photo or video or select one from your camera roll.
3. Tap the sticker icon at the top of the screen (the smiley face). Alternatively, you can swipe up to open the sticker drawer.
4. Scroll down and select the Weather sticker.
5. The sticker will show the current temperature and the weather condition for your current location. You can tap the sticker to change the temperature unit (Celsius or Fahrenheit) or the display sticker of the weather.
6. Move or resize the sticker as desired and add any other stickers or text to your story. Post your story by tapping the Your Story button at the bottom of the screen.
The only requirement for you to be able to show your local temperature on Instagram Stories is by letting the app get access to your location. To do so, you must first enable your smartphone’s GPS. you can do this by opening the quick settings menu by swiping down from the top. Then press on the Location icon.
If the app does not have permission to access the location, you can give location access by going to the app settings on your phone.
Why can’t you add the temperature sticker?
Following the steps listed above, adding your local temperature to your Instagram story should be a fairly easy task. Despite this, you might face some problems like not being able to find the temperature sticker or seeing an incorrect temperature or weather status.
Here are a few common reasons why you might not be able to add the temperature sticker to your Instagram story. We’ll tell you how to solve these issues too!
- Denied Location Access: This sticker requires location access so ensure you have allowed permission for Instagram to use your location. To use it, you must turn on GPS and allow Instagram to access your location. If you don’t have location services enabled or if you’ve turned off location services specifically for Instagram, the Weather sticker will not show up.
- Inaccurate GPS: Sometimes, the Instagram app will show the temp sticker, but the temperature won’t be accurate. This is because of inaccurate GPS. Be it because of an unstable internet connection, a VPN, or something else. There are many scenarios when the GPS is inaccurate. This inaccuracy can lead to wrong temperature data or even the temperature sticker not showing at all. In such cases, it is best to turn off your location services and enable them again.
- Server issues: At times, the Instagram app may have temporary server issues that prevent certain stickers from loading. If this is the case, try again later.
- App version: Make sure that you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed. If you’re using an old version, some stickers, and features may not be available.
Wrapping it up
The weather and temperature sticker on Instagram Story is one of the most used stickers, despite its simplicity. It’s an amazing feature to add more detail to your picture or video.
You can follow the steps listed to add the weather – temperature sticker to your Instagram Story within minutes. However, if you face any problems, it is best to make sure you have location access enabled and are using the latest version of Instagram, and you’re all set!
You may also like,
Aesthetic story backgrounds for Instagram.
Star Wars day post ideas for Instagram.
Instagram Post ideas for Cinco de Mayo.
How to save story with music.
Steps to Delete Instagram story.