Instagram Stories has been a huge hit. One of the key reasons for its popularity is that it provides you with a variety of inventive methods to make your content more interesting. There are a variety of things you can use to make your story stand out, ranging from stickers to effects.
Changing the background color is definitely one of the simplest methods. When you make an Instagram Story, the app automatically chooses a background color for you. However, you are not necessarily required to use that precise tone.
While changing the background color may seem simple in comparison to some of the other options, it can be a strong tool to ensure that your Instagram Stories look consistent. Whether you choose a solid background color or a pre-made design, the background color can make a significant impact.
This blog will walk you through the process of changing your Instagram story background. Continue reading to learn how to use a solid color or something more opaque, an image, or a pre-made background that you’ve downloaded.
Why Should You Prioritize Instagram Story as a Part of Your Content Strategy?
Since the launch of Instagram Stories in August 2016, the number of individuals visiting them on a daily basis has increased by 400%.
Over 500 million Instagram accounts now watch at least one story every day. In other words, Stories provide a great tool for content creators, influencers, and brands to communicate with their audiences.
Aside from these amazing user-base figures, there is a slew of additional compelling reasons to use Instagram Stories in your content strategy:
1. Visible For 24 Hours
This is one of Instagram Stories’ most powerful features. Most Instagram users are very active at certain hours and on specific days. This is referred to as the “golden hour.”
But there’s an issue. This golden hour will vary according to the timezone of the individual in question!
Instagram Stories solves this issue by enabling companies as well as influencers to access their target audiences for a full 24 hours. In other words, they provide an equal opportunity for every one of your followers to interact with your content.
2. Highly Interactive
It’s no secret that Instagram has put a lot of time as well as effort into making Stories enjoyable and engaging for users. The Stories feature now also supports links, polls, surveys, slide bars, custom fields, GIFs, text, videos, quizzes, countdowns, and more!
All of these elements are also effective means of interacting with your target audience. Furthermore, a few of them, including polls, surveys, and custom fields, are ideal for doing basic consumer research.
3. Support Links
The value of a call-to-action button in marketing cannot be overstated. A CTA button enables consumers to purchase a product, sign up for your email list, follow you on social media, as well as accomplish whatever the intended action was.
Stories are the only content format on Instagram that enables links as well as CTA buttons. Simply because of this, they are a very effective technique for creating important interactions.
4. More Competitive
Instagram’s algorithm for ranking feed posts aims to construct a relevant feed for end users. Typically, this entails reducing the prominence of commercial posts in favor of postings from friends, family, and celebrities.
While Instagram Stories ranks are also regulated by complicated algorithms, the reality remains that Stories outnumber feed articles. As a consequence, companies and organizations can now also connect with people via Stories much more easily.
What Is the Instagram Story Size?
Instagram story dimensions are 1080px by 1920px, with a 9:16 aspect ratio. This implies that your IG story video or picture must be 1080 pixels wide by 1920 pixels tall. PNG and JPG image file types are supported and your Instagram story picture must be less than 30MB in size.
The Instagram story video dimensions are the same at 1080 by 1920 pixels, and your IG story video file size must be less than 4GB. The only video file types permitted by Instagram are MP4 (which is strongly recommended) and MOV.
The size of your Instagram stories is strictly enforced by Instagram. If you submit a picture or video to your Instagram story that does not suit the appropriate dimensions, Instagram may crop and occasionally zoom into it. This will result in a reduction of quality and, in certain cases, the removal of key images.
How Can You Change An Instagram Story Background To A Solid Color?
- The first step is to upload the picture that will serve as the foundation for your Story post. You may choose to upload an existing picture from your camera roll or snap a new one using Instagram’s camera.
- After you’ve decided on a picture, you may wish to resize it to match your requirements. Instagram can show Story photographs in their entirety, zoomed in, or zoomed out. Simply touch your fingers on the uploaded picture to resize it to your specifications!
- Next, locate and press the three-dot menu in the upper right of your screen. A drop-down menu should appear when you do this. To launch a collection of sketching and decorating tools, tap the scribble icon at the top of the drop-down menu.
- When you touch the pen, you’ll be able to pick from a broad range of colors chosen by Instagram. Instagram’s drawing tools come in nine distinct basic colors.
- The next step is to add your selected color to the image’s background. There are two methods to do this: the easy approach and the simplest way.
- The easy method is to doodle over the picture with your finger until all of the appropriate portions are covered with your selected color.
- The simplest method is to tap and hold the picture for around two seconds before releasing it. When you raise your finger, the whole image will fill with the color you’ve chosen.
- It’s time to add the final touches now that you’ve applied your background color. You may now add text, GIFs, pictures, or sketches to your new backdrop!
- Finally, you may save the post to your drafts folder. Return to the three-dot menu and choose the “Save” option this time. You’ll be able to find the tale in your drafts and modify or publish it.
How Can You Change An Instagram Story Background To A Transparent Color?
What should you do if you want to make your Instagram story background transparent?
The technique seems to be almost comparable to the one we just discussed. The only difference is that instead of choosing a pen, you choose a highlighter. Let’s go through it quickly:
- First, submit the picture that will serve as the foundation for your Story post.
- You may now adjust it to match your requirements. Simply touch your fingers on the uploaded picture to resize it to your specifications!
- You must choose the three-dot menu. Then, tap the scribble icon. Instead of pressing the pen symbol, instead of touch the highlighter icon.
- You can explore the same color selections with the highlighter tool as you do with the pen tool. The only difference is that highlighter hues are transparent when applied.
- After you’ve chosen a highlighter color, you can either draw over the picture with your finger or touch and hold it to fill it.
How Can You Change An Instagram Story Background To An Image?
We’ve already explored two methods for altering the background color of your Instagram Stories. However, in terms of the degree of information available, both of these alternatives are very restricted.
If you want a detailed backdrop, you should definitely go with a prepared Instagram Story background. Continue reading to find out how:
- The first step is to find the picture you wish to use as the background for your Instagram Story. In certain circumstances, you may want to employ a branded background. In others, you may wish to go online for ready-made choices.
- It’s time to post the photograph you wish to use on Instagram once you’ve downloaded it. Simply touch on your profile image in the upper-left corner of your feed and choose the photo from your camera roll.
- It’s time to get creative now that the picture has been uploaded. You may customize your Story backdrop using the sketching tools indicated above, as well as any of Instagram’s various customization options.
- Finally, save the updated Story to your drafts folder or publish it immediately.
How Can You Change An Instagram Story Background To Without Photo Element?
To create Instagram Stories that use a solid background color instead of a photo, you can follow these simple steps:
- Open your Instagram profile. To make a new Instagram Story, tap the “+” symbol.
- Select the “Aa” icon (the font icon). It’ll be in the menu on the left side of your screen.
- At the top of your screen, tap the draw symbol (it looks like a scribble).
- Select the pen symbol at the top of your screen to create a solid color or the highlighter brush to produce an opaque effect.
- Use the slider at the bottom of your screen to select a color.
- For a few seconds, tap and hold the post.
- Fill up the blank canvas with text and other items.
- Remember to save any changes you make.
How Can You Change An Instagram Story Background That Contains An Image?
If your Instagram Story includes a picture and you want to alter the color of the background, follow these steps:
- Choose any image. You have the option of uploading a new picture or using an Instagram Story in which you were tagged.
- If you can’t see the preselected post background, pinch the picture with two fingers and drag it to the draft screen.
- Tap the draw symbol, which resembles a doodle. This symbol will appear at the top of the screen. If you don’t see it right away, you may need to click the three dots to show additional alternatives.
- Choose the symbol that looks like a pen to create a solid background color. Then, using the slider tool at the bottom of the screen, choose a color.
- Tap on the highlighter symbol to make your background opaque. Then, repeat the previous steps to choose the color using the slider.
- Tap and hold the screen for a few seconds with one finger. The color of the whole post should have changed to the color you specified in the previous step.
- Add Emojis, text, stickers, and other graphics.
- Tap on the eraser symbol to see the picture concealed under the color. You may vary the size of your brush by dragging the slider on the left side of your screen. Now, using your finger, delete the color on top of your picture.
How Can You Change An Instagram Story Background Using a Pre-made Background?
You can also upload a backdrop that you’ve generated in a picture editing application or acquired from another website like Unsplash for something more distinctive. Here are the actions you must take to do this:
- Save the desired background to your device’s picture library.
- Open the Instagram app. To make a new Instagram Story, tap the “+” symbol.
- Tap the photo gallery icon to open it. This will be visible in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Choose a ready-made background from your picture library.
- Enlarge the background with two fingers so that it fills the entire screen.
- Add text, stickers, emojis, and other elements to further personalize it.
- Remember to save any changes you make.
Instagram Story Color Trends for 2022
Here are some Instagram color as well as graphic design trends that you can try incorporating into your Instagram Stories and other posts, depending on your business identity and the message that you want to convey:
1. Pink hues
Some Instagram experts predict that there will be a lot pinker on Instagram in 2022. Combine it with grainy vintage filters to provide a nostalgic touch.
2. Gloomy colors
While pink will be more prevalent throughout the platform, that’s about it for bright and strong hues. Instead, gloomy colors will jazz up the feeds in the coming year. So, if you want to stand out, keep it muted.
3. Story Background colors matching the season
Instagram color palettes, like restaurant menus, can be seasonal. So, to stay in touch with the season, modify the colors in your postings to reflect the season. The key is to tackle it gradually. It should be elegant and smooth. Consider gentle pastel greens to greet spring and dark, deep browns to welcome and enjoy fall.
4. Background gradients
Background gradients, according to Design Shack, will be one of the color-related trends that will make a splash all over users’ feeds. Create a backdrop gradient that you’ll use for all of your articles to ensure brand consistency.
5. Access more colors
Still, since we’re on the subject of color, there’s a simple technique to unlock additional hues on Instagram. This is particularly helpful if you want to combine your brand’s color combination.
- Tap the draw symbol on Instagram Stories (the picture that looks like a scribble).
- At the bottom of the screen, choose a color. Tap and hold the color slider until it appears.
- Select one of the many new color options with the slider.
6. Add GIFs
Instagram has millions of GIFs that you can use to add a fun aspect to your post. All you have to do is click on the symbol that resembles a happy face. You’ll be sent to a page where you can search for GIFs. Tap the GIF option and enter relevant search phrases in the search field.
7. Use a hidden filter
There are several “hidden” effects you can use to make your story stand out. Simply scroll all the way to the bottom until you see the Browse Effects option. When you click the button, you’ll be taken to a large gallery with many more effects.
Wrapping It Up
Instagram Stories is more intimate than Instagram feed.
So, be yourself, and don’t be scared to be creative and try new things. Then, depending on how your audience reacts, you might pursue the concept further or abandon it entirely.
And remember to utilize the right Instagram Story dimensions when creating content to publish using the camera roll.
We hope you found this simple instruction on changing the color of your Instagram background useful! Remember to check out our Instagram How To section for more useful tips and tactics like these to keep your Instagram game on point.
Leave a comment or send us a DM on Instagram to let us know what more tactics you’d want to learn! And, if you want to understand more about how we can help you boost your organic growth on Instagram by 40%, just sign up for Predis.ai.
New to social media management or Instagram?
There is no doubt that stories increase engagement. But creating Stories as well as Instagram poll games is only scratching the surface of what a social media manager does. So, these blogs listed below will get you started. They will also provide helpful insights on best practices to follow (and those to avoid) on social media:
- 395+ Food Hashtag Instagram to Make Your Feed Look Delicious
- Best Travel Hashtags to Use on Instagram in 2022
- How to get more Instagram followers
- How to get your Instagram hashtags to perform
- Tricks to generate engagement on Instagram
- Choosing the right Instagram profile picture for your handle
- Generating inspiration for Instagram content ideas
- Finding out the best time to post on Instagram
- Things to avoid doing with your Instagram business account
- Why you need a content calendar if you’re a social media manager
- How to never miss trending topics on social media
- Instagram Post Size: Cheat Sheet To Boost Your Engagement
- Best Instagram Filters: Get More Views On Your Posts And Stories!
- How To Revamp Your Instagram?
- Later vs Hootsuite: Which is Best For Social Media Management?
- Planoly vs Later: Which is Better For Your Instagram?
- Linktree vs LinkinBio: Which Is The Best Bio Link Tool?
- Buffer vs Hootsuite: Who Wins The Social Media Battle?
- Buffer vs Later: Who’s The Social Media Publishing Champ?
- Planoly vs Hootsuite: Best Social Media Marketing Tool
For more social media tips and updates, follow us on our Instagram!