Are you trying to hide any picture from your Instagram feed for privacy or other reasons, but do not want to delete it since you will never be able to recover it? Or did you inadvertently archive a picture or video on Instagram? And you have no idea what happened to the post? Do you want to know how to see archived posts on Instagram? Read on.
Instagram’s new feature of post archiving was launched by the company very lately. You can use this feature to hide your post without deleting it, and you may be able to reshare and restore the post after modifying it. You can always restore old posts by visiting the archive section and restoring them. They will reappear on your profile.
Some of your posts may have been archived, and you would want to recover or just see them. Instagram has a feature that enables you to examine all of your prior posts.
Users may struggle to find the archive section of posts. As a result, in this article, we will walk you through how to see archived posts on Instagram.
What Does Archiving an Instagram Post Do?
When you archive a post on Instagram, it no longer appears on your profile.
The post, however, is not deleted, and you can see it at any time by heading to your archive section. You may also opt to unarchive the post, which will restore it to your profile.
If you use Instagram, you’ve probably had to hide a picture from your account because it didn’t fit into your meticulously curated stream. However, just because a picture doesn’t fit into your stream doesn’t mean you shouldn’t retain it. So you should know how to see archived posts on Instagram.
You can hide these posts using the archive option instead of deleting them. If you wish to save the post for sentimental reasons, this might be handy.
Why archive Instagram posts?
You may be wondering why you’d need the Instagram archive feature now that you’re acquainted with it. But if you’re an influencer, here’s how it can assist you:
- You might consider archiving certain posts so that audience can concentrate on your best content.
- The Instagram archive allows you to share memories on Instagram Stories.
- It allows you to test several Instagram themes before making them public. Match them with relevant posts, then archive the rest.
- You may hide your lowest-performing content in the archives to increase interaction. Gaining online engagement requires a lot of hit and try, which the Instagram archives help with.
- Online influence needs a steady supply of high-quality content. It might be tough to deliver fresh content at times. When this occurs, you may wish to display archived posts on your profile again.
- Businesses can also find it beneficial to archive Instagram posts. Online marketing, believe it or not, is now a requirement for businesses.
As a result, many businesses are marketing themselves on Facebook, Instagram, and even TikTok. Their efforts, like those of internet influencers, need a great deal of hit and try.
This is why they would sometimes need to hide posts in their archives. Furthermore, their posts may become obsolete; therefore, they want a quick way to hide them.
For example, a brand’s Christmas Sale posts should not be kept up in February; thus, they should be archived. When getting rid of staff, a company may utilize it.
How to See Archived Posts On Instagram App?
- Start the Instagram app.
- In the bottom-right corner of the screen, tap the profile symbol.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the app’s top-right corner.
- From the bottom, a menu will appear. Select Archive from the drop-down menu underneath the Settings tab.
- The Stories Archive will be shown first by default. To access the archived posts, click Posts Archive from the dropdown menu at the top.
All of your previously archived posts will be shown. You may now recover or remove them from your profile.
Tap and open the post to return it to your profile grid. Then, at the upper right, touch the three dots and choose ‘Show on Profile.’ If you wish to remove the post, click ‘Delete.’
How to Archive Posts on Instagram App?
Follow these steps on your iPhone to archive a post in the Instagram mobile app:
- Navigate to your profile and choose the post you want to archive.
- At the top of the post, tap the three-dot menu.
- Tap ‘Archive’.
How to Archive Multiple Posts at Once on Instagram App?
To archive many posts at once, do the following:
- Navigate to your user profile page and choose the three-line menu at the top.
- Tap ‘Your activity’,
- Click on ‘Photos and videos’.
- Tap ‘Posts’.
- Tap ‘Select’, then choose the posts you want to archive.
- Select ‘Archive’, then tap ‘Archive’ again to confirm.
How to Unarchive Posts on Instagram App?
When you wish to bring a post out of hibernation and back into your profile, unarchiving it is a simple process.
Go to your Instagram archive and pick the option to display it again on your profile. There is no possibility to recover the archived post, only to display it on your profile. In this case, it’s essentially the same thing.
To unarchive a post so that it displays on your profile for everyone to view, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile and tap the three-line menu at the top.
- Tap ‘Archive’.
- Choose the post you want to unarchive.
- Tap the three-dot menu at the top of the post.
- Tap ‘Show on Profile’.
How to See Archived Posts on Instagram – Computer?
Unfortunately, there is no straightforward method to see your Instagram archive on a PC.
The browser version of Instagram does not allow you to see your archived posts and stories. Don’t give up because there is always a way when there is a will. And the best method to do this is to use BlueStacks.
BlueStacks is a free Android phone emulator for those who are unfamiliar. It runs the Android version of Instagram on a PC or Mac, allowing you to see archived Instagram posts and stories on your computer. This is how it’s done.
- Install BlueStacks on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Download Instagram using BlueStacks.
- Sign in to your Instagram account, and your feed will display just as it does on your phone.
- To access your profile, tap your profile image in the lower right corner.
- Tap Your activity after selecting the 3-line option in the upper right.
- Select Archive.
- At the top, click Posts/Stories Archive, then Stories Archive, Posts Archive, or Live Archive.
That’s all there is to it! You may now search through your previously archived posts, stories, or lives. Tap on them to discover who has liked and commented on them. If you want to restore any posts, stay reading to learn how.
How to Unarchive Instagram Posts On Computer?
Everything is the same on your computer as it is on your smartphone now that you have BlueStacks installed. You can unarchive posts on your computer just as you can on your phone. To unarchive Instagram posts on your computer, follow the instructions below.
- To access your profile, click on your profile image in the lower right corner.
- Hit the three-line menu in the upper right corner, then tap Your activity.
- Archive of Press Releases
- Select the post you want to display on your profile.
- Tap the three-dot symbol in the upper right corner, then choose Show on Profile.
Your post will display on your profile right now. It’s also worth noting that you may delete posts, stories, and lives from your archive. Simply hit the three-dot icon and pick ‘Delete’ to completely delete it.
Wrapping It Up
The Instagram archive feature is a smart concept that allows you to manage what others view, whether for personal or corporate reasons.
While we progressively acclimate to the transient aspect of digital life, certain things are worth preserving in the long run. If you can’t keep those memories near, you can at least keep them on Instagram.
For social media savvy companies, this is a method of reusing posts and media for seasonal offers that recur yearly or regularly. Why develop a Christmas sale post every year when you can archive it, edit it, and then re-publish it?
In terms of personal usage, the Instagram archive feature allows you to save posts or images that you may wish to reuse later, save for personal reference, or even modify.
Frequently Asked Questions-
In the bottom-right corner, tap the profile. Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner. Select Archive from the drop-down. To access the archived posts, click Posts Archive from the dropdown menu at the top.