If you are an aspiring YouTube content creator who loves crafting YouTube Shorts and wants to turn it into a lucrative endeavor, then this comprehensive guide is just for you!
YouTube has revolutionized its eligibility for monetization and has transformed its stringent criteria into lowered thresholds for content creators so that they can make some money by posting effective videos. So, if you were worried that you wouldn’t be able to monetize text-to-speech Shorts on YouTube, keep your worries aside and explore the strategies to leverage this groundbreaking change.
Becoming a YouTuber is a dream job. YouTube Shorts gets 50 billion views every day across the globe. More than 70% of YouTube Shorts are longer than 15 seconds but fall within the 60-second timeline. The global monthly active users of YouTube Shorts grew from 1.5 billion in 2022 to 2 billion by July 2023.
It can be cumbersome to navigate YouTube’s algorithmic challenges and appear on camera. AI text-to-speech serves as the best solution when creating Shorts on YouTube that address both concerns.
By utilizing effective AI voice tools, like the ones offered by Predis.ai, you can effortlessly create videos to enhance your channels, focus on content quality, and confidently share AI text-to-speech videos as long as they meet high standards.
Let us dive deeper and gain a deeper understanding of how you can monetize text-to-speech Shorts on YouTube.
YouTube Shorts’ New Monetization Requirements
YouTube’s recent monetization announcement, which came into effect on June 13, 2023, gave every reason to content creators to celebrate. With enhanced opportunities and increased accessibility, these requirements have shaped the world of YouTube monetization.
Let us look at some of the key changes:
- The creators had a target of gathering 1,000 subscribers. However, this target has been significantly lowered to just 500 subscribers.
- The new eligibility criteria lays stress on the consistency of uploads, which means creators must post a minimum of 3 public uploads within 3 months (90 days). This means consistently delivering valuable content and maintaining an active presence on the channel.
- The 4,000 watch hours target is now just 3,000 watch hours in the past year. This motivates people to enhance the quality of their posts and uploads to increase watch times and monetization potential.
- Creators posting YouTube Shorts must have 3 million valid views on public Shorts views within 3 months (90 days), compared to the previous requirement of 10 million.
By revising such targets, YouTube Shorts helps content creators earn some income and create engaging content according to the choice and preference of their audience.
Further, let’s find out how you can monetize text-to-speech Shorts on YouTube to earn extra income on the platform.
Make YouTube shorts with AI 🌟
What is AI-Based Text-to-Speech?
AI-based text-to-speech is a technology that transforms written text into audio files normally used for creating videos. Content creators need to use efficient text-to-speech (TTS) software that analyzes the text and understands its structure, punctuation, and context.
Further, it utilizes pre-recorded human voices, clone voices, or makes manual voice adjustments to convert the analyzed text into audible speech. These tools work considerably on speed, tone, or annotations and eventually contribute to creating better text-to-speech videos for YouTube.
Why Should Creators Use AI Text-to-Speech for YouTube Shorts?
Given that YouTube allows you to monetize text-to-speech Shorts on YouTube other reasons why you must use AI text-to-speech are:
1. Save Time and Increase Efficiency
Human voiceovers can be a time-consuming and costly affair. They also demand additional coordination like requiring a professional audio editor.
On the contrary, AI text-to-speech proves highly effective, generating voiceovers rapidly in different voices and tones, making it suitable for content with tight timelines.
2. High-Quality YouTube Shorts
Undoubtedly, manual voiceover portrays better quality.
Nevertheless, if picked and rehearsed well, professional text-to-speech videos using high-end AI software like Predis.ai can sound less robotic and convey emotion, nuance, and personality. This can result in a more engaging and authentic experience.
3. Enhanced Flexibility
Human voiceovers provide greater customization and flexibility, while AI text-to-speech offers options to modify parameters like pitch, speed, and accent.
4. Reduced Cost
AI voice generators are considerably more cost-effective than human voiceovers, costing approximately less than $0.1 with AI voice generators.
How to Monetize Text-to-Speech Shorts on YouTube Following YouTube’s Guidelines
It is a rising trend to monetize text-to-speech shorts on YouTube, but adherence to specific guidelines is crucial for successful monetization approval.
Let’s explore some of YouTube’s guidelines:
Tip 1 – Avoid Redundant and Repetitive Content
YouTube discourages channels where viewers can find it difficult to differentiate videos. Some examples of redundant YouTube Shorts are creating top 10 lists, or creating motivational videos, which deters YouTube from placing ads on such low-effort content.
Tip 2 – Avoid Reusing Other People’s Content
YouTube prohibits using someone else’s content and just modifying it by adding music to it. Stock YouTube Shorts can be used which can further be augmented using customized editing, animations, or voiceovers.
Thus, to monetize text-to-speech Shorts on YouTube, you must go the extra mile to transform existing materials into something innovative and distinct.
Let us take the example of the Low Budget Stories channel, which uses a mix of animation, stock footage, and text-to-speech to tell stories. The AI voice sounds very human-like, and this channel is monetized from their unique videos.
Tip 3 – Optimize Details
When creating YouTube Shorts using Predis.ai, you must craft compelling titles and descriptions with relevant keywords. Explain how the video benefits viewers, add necessary links, design eye-catching thumbnails, and encourage your audience to like, share, or subscribe.
Take the Healthy Habits channel as an example, which focuses on natural health remedies and uses stock footage and a text-to-speech narrator. It optimizes its YouTube Shorts effectively, along with well-written and original scripts.
Tip 4 – Collaboration and Engagement with Others
Collaborate with influencers, other YouTubers, or friends when creating YouTube Shorts so that you can tap into their audience base and potentially gain more subscribers.
While creating the video, interact with audiences in the comment section, responding regularly to enhance the relationship.
Tip 5 – Monitor Video Statistics
Utilize YouTube Analytics to track traffic sources and viewer behavior and identify areas for improvement in speech-to-video quality. You can get comprehensive insights into your video’s performance by assessing the average view duration and the point where viewers drop off.
Monitor the CTR, which indicates how often viewers click on your video after seeing the thumbnail. You can also set up conversion tracking to measure specific actions taken by viewers after watching your Shorts.
Another easy way is to keep a check on engagement metrics like likes, comments, and shares.
Tip 6 – Repurpose Text-to-Speech Shorts on YouTube
To monetize text-to-speech Shorts on YouTube, you must share your videos on various other social media and digital platforms like Instagram and Facebook to tap into diverse audiences.
Different platforms help you leverage various formats, stay ahead of trends, and cross-promote your content. Applications like Predis.ai can impact your search engine optimization (SEO) by increasing the visibility of your brand and content, thus creating alternative revenue streams.
Tip 7 – Put Life into Your YouTube Shorts
Select original scripts, offer unique perspectives, and add engaging visuals and audio, custom animations, sound effects, and background music. You must aim to educate or entertain your audience with high-quality content that will consequently future-proof your YouTube channel.
Tip 8 – Be Selective When Investing in the Best Text-to-Speech Software
Here are some key factors that you must consider when choosing an effective TTS software to monetize text-to-speech Shorts on YouTube:
- Choose a more human-like text-to-speech voice that suits your channel’s style.
- Ensure compatibility and quality while discovering a diverse range of voices to suit different types of content and audience preferences.
- Opt for text-to-speech software that allows you to customize aspects like pitch and speed, supporting multiple languages and accents if you plan to create content for a global audience.
- Look for tools that can interpret and convey proper intonation and emphasis in the text, adding a natural flow to the speech.
- Choose a user-friendly interface like Predis.ai and encourage straightforward integration with your video creation workflow.
- Consider the pricing structure of the TTS software, including any subscription fees or one-time payments, and check for licensing agreements to ensure compliance with your usage.
- Consider platforms with advanced AI capabilities for a more natural sound.
- Read user reviews and testimonials to gauge the experiences of other content creators. This can provide insights into the software’s performance and user satisfaction.
- Choose software from providers that offer good customer support and regular updates. This ensures ongoing improvements and assistance if issues arise.
- Check if the software integrates seamlessly with your preferred editing tools.
This guide will help you monetize text-to-speech Shorts on YouTube. The use of AI and synthetic voices augments your ability to earn ad revenue. Your objective should be to invest time and creativity to transform existing content into something unique and compelling.
It is highly recommended to employ a lucrative text-to-speech software, using which you can explore AI voices, experiment with creative YouTube Shorts, and emphasize originality over imitation. Such strategic efforts can generate significant revenue on YouTube.
Predis.ai is a remarkably powerful tool that enables you to monetize text-to-speech Shorts on YouTube. It works on various kinds of text formats like PDFs, PPTs, or local files and converts them into stunning videos.
It also offers a plethora of templates and works with multiple languages to enhance your YouTube videos and attract viewers. It emerges as the top choice, allowing you to choose from various accents for your script.