Did you unmute your friend from an Instagram story by mistake or for some other reason? Here in this blog, we will be discussing in detail how to unmute someone on Instagram stories.
Muting someone’s stories reduces your interest in them. If you Unmute their stories that will improve involvement because if you see their stories may gain their interest in you. You may choose to mute someone’s Instagram stories for a variety of reasons. you want to limit your story feed to a few people, such as family and close friends. you don’t think a person’s Instagram story brings any value to your life then or Instagram experience. Or there are some things you want to avoid.
While you cannot unmute postings on a computer, you can do so on a mobile device. You could now be wondering how to unmute stories for that specific Instagram account so that they resume appearing in case you change your mind. Well, there are several methods to go about it, and it is simple. Continue reading.
What happens when you mute someone on Instagram?
When muting someone on Instagram, you have two choices: either mute their posts or stories, or both. Any posts made by the person you have muted will not show up in your feed. In contrast, when you muffle a person’s story: 1. The story will transfer to the bar’s end. 2. When something is posted, a vibrant ring no longer appears. 3. When you switch between stories, it won’t start playing immediately. 4. By visiting the person’s profile or the stories bar at the end, you can still view it.
How to unmute someone’s story on Instagram?
The following are three ways to remove someone from muted stories:
1. In the Instagram Feed
- Open Instagram on your smartphone.
- Go to the stories at the top of your feed. Scroll to the end of the stories.
- You’ll see all the muted accounts here, greyed out with no colorful ring around them.
- Long-press the account for which you want to unhide stories. Then, select Unmute Story.
2. Unmuting through visiting the person’s profile
- Go to the account’s profile page.
- Tap on the small down arrow on the ‘Following’ button. A pop-up menu will show.
- When you select ‘Mute’, another menu will appear.
- Toggle the button next to the stories to turn off ‘Mute’. To show that their stories are ‘on’ the button should glow blue.
Or, you can go the story in the top left corner of their profile. Open the story. Then, in the top right, tap three dots and select ‘Unmute story’.
3. Unmute through Instagram settings
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Open ‘Settings‘ from the menu.
- Tap on ‘Privacy’ on the following screen.
- Select ‘Muted Accounts’.
- You’ll see a list of all the profiles you’ve muted on Instagram thus far. It will also say whether you have muted any news, posts, or both.
- Tap the account for which you want to unhide stories.
- It will link you to the user’s profile.
- Tap ‘Following’, then ‘Mute’ and ‘switch off’ the Stories toggle.
What if you have an older version of Instagram?
The above unmute options will not work if Instagram is still running on an older version of your browser. To unmute a profile, go to that profile. This option will come on screen, “You have muted [username]’s below the person’s bio. The word “Unmute” is next to this note; tap it. And presto! You’ll be able to see their most recent stories once more!
To sum it up
There are three methods that you can use for Android and iPhone to unmute Instagram stories. Their stories can be muted, and they won’t even be aware of it. It is simple and quick to unmute their stories if you want to hear from them again and receive updates. I hope you now understand how to unmute the stories you chose to hide before. Stay tuned for more blogs like this.
If the sound isn’t playing on Instagram Reels, try first popping up your phone’s volume. Toggle the sound on the Reel with a single tap in the center of the screen if that doesn’t work.
Not especially. You won’t ever notice that you are on mute until you post something while sitting next to your pal. Of course, if you want to know if your friend is following you or not, you might ask them what they thought of your story.
Since we are here, Are you looking for something much more revolutionary which will even help you make content! Sign up for Predis.ai today!
Manage your social media channels and also improve engagement by designing interactive posts within a few clicks.
New to social media management or Instagram?
There is no doubt that stories increase engagement. But creating Stories as well as Instagram poll games is only scratching the surface of what a social media manager does. So, these blogs listed below will get you started. They will also provide helpful insights on best practices to follow (and those to avoid) on social media:
- How to Turn Off Active Status on Instagram?
- Best Aesthetic Instagram story background template
- Why is Instagram music not available for some accounts?
- Instagram post stuck on sending? Reasons and fixes.
- How to Copy Instagram Profile Link?
- Does Instagram Notify When You Screenshot a Story?
- Why can’t I post multiple pictures on Instagram?
- How to invite people to an event on Facebook?
- How to Delete Instagram Story? Easy Steps
- How to add an admin to a Facebook group?
- How to add a host to a Facebook event?
- Quick Tips on How to Add More Than One Photo to Instagram story.
- Best birthday Instagram story ideas
- How to add music to Facebook story? Easy steps
- How to delete a story on Facebook?
- Why can’t I add music to my Instagram story?
- How to add YouTube link to Instagram story? Quick steps
- How to leave a group on Facebook?
- How to make pictures fit on Instagram without cropping? Tips and tricks
- 10 amazing September content ideas for Instagram posts
- Top 10 Halloween social media posts ideas.
- Is Instagram sound not working? Quick fixes.
- How to save Instagram story with music? Easy steps.
- How to Hide Likes on Instagram?
For more social media tips and updates, follow us on our Instagram!