In today’s digital age, connecting with your audience and making your products easily discoverable is key to driving sales and growing your business. Instagram, with its massive user base and visual appeal, presents a perfect platform for showcasing your products. And with the seamless integration between Shopify and Instagram, you can now effortlessly tag your products in your Instagram posts and stories.
With tagged products, users can tap on the tag to see more information about the product. This information includes the product’s name, price, and a link to purchase it. With that, let’s dive deeper into the process.
Why do you need Instagram product tagging?
Tagging products on Instagram works in favor of businesses as it acts as a natural marketing strategy. It also allows the users a seamless and easy in-app shopping experience. There is no need for your customer to leave the app, they can browse and place an order right through Instagram.
- Better product visibility: Instagram users with an interest in a specific domain, say fashion, spend a good amount of time scrolling through fashion-hashtagged posts and reels. Here, having products tagged in the posts makes it easy for your audience to discover new products. This can lead to increased sales and brand exposure.
- Seamless shopping experience: Using the product tagging feature, Instagram allows users to browse and shop for products directly. This can be done directly within the Instagram app without having to navigate through a separate website.
- Greater conversion rate: Since Instagram product tagging makes it easy for users to start browsing and shopping, it leads to better conversion rates.
- Enhanced brand image: Users are allowed to browse through products and entire catalogs of businesses. This helps businesses enhance their brand image and reputation. In addition, it helps create a loyal customer base that has better brand recognition.
How to tag products on Instagram from Shopify?
Since you’re convinced about how product tagging your Instagram posts and stories can help your business grow, let’s dive into the step-by-step process for product tagging on Instagram.
Check for eligibility:
The very first thing to do is to ensure that your business meets Instagram’s commerce policies and eligibility requirements for product tagging. These eligibility requirements include the following:
- Having an Instagram business account: Quite obviously, only businesses with an Instagram business account are eligible to use product tagging.
- Selling eligible products: Your products must comply with Instagram’s commerce policies and be physically shippable to the location selected by the buyer.
- Being located in a supported market: Instagram product tagging is currently only available in certain markets, so businesses must be located in one of the supported countries. As of May 2023, Instagram product tagging is available in over 70 countries.
- Having an eligible website: Businesses must have an eligible website. This is where users can make purchases directly.
It is important to review and ensure that your business meets these requirements before attempting to use product tagging on Instagram, as failure to comply may result in your account being flagged or disabled.
Connect your Shopify store to Instagram.
The second step is to connect your Shopify store to an Instagram business account. You can do this by linking your Shopify store to your Facebook page and then connecting your Facebook page to your Instagram account. You can find step-by-step instructions on how to do this in the Shopify Help Center. For you, we have broken down the steps here or check the detailed guide here.
- If you don’t already have one, set up a business account on Instagram. To do this, go to your profile settings and choose “Switch to Business Profile.”
- Connect your Instagram business account to the Facebook page. Make sure to use the previously connected Facebook page to your Shopify store.
- Ensure that you meet Instagram’s eligibility requirements for product tagging, including having an eligible website.
- Connect your Shopify store to a Facebook page first. To do so, go to the “Sales Channels” section of your Shopify account, select “Facebook & Instagram,” and add the app.
- Set up your product catalog in Facebook Business Manager by adding your Shopify store as a data source. Wait for your product catalog to be reviewed and approved by Facebook. Once your product catalog is approved, enable shopping on Instagram. Read the next section to find out how!
How to tag products on Instagram from Shopify and Publish?
Now that you have completed the entire set-up, all that’s left is to publish some creative posts and stories with your tagged products.
- Create a new post or story using either the Instagram app or Instagram Desktop on your PC.
- Add your image or video as normal, and then click on the “Tag Products” button.
- Choose the product from your Facebook catalog that you want to tag in your post or story.
- Reposition the product tag if needed, and then publish your post or story. Wait for Instagram to review and approve your tagged products. Per single image or video post, you can choose up to five products, and for multi-image posts, you can choose up to 20 products.
By following these steps, you should be able to tag your products in both Instagram posts and stories using the product tagging feature. Keep in mind that you’ll need to have your Facebook product catalog set up and approved and that you can only tag products that are part of your approved catalog. Additionally, the position of the product tag can be re positioned for better visibility in the post or story.
Some pro tips to make the best of the product tagging feature!
After learning the basics, it’s time to take your game up to the next level. Here are some tips for using Instagram product tags on posts and stories effectively:
Use high-quality product photos and videos: Good-quality images and videos can help showcase your products in an attractive and professional way. If you need some help to get your creative juices running, start by using Predis.ai for eCommerce.
It is an AI-powered social media marketing tool that helps businesses optimize their social media content strategy. It helps create visually appealing posts and stories within seconds. You can use your products and create content in a matter of seconds.
Add descriptive captions: Use descriptive captions to provide additional information about the product. This will be the first piece of information that users will engage with. This will encourage followers to make a purchase.
Be strategic with product placement: Use product tags on posts and stories in a way that feels natural and adds value to your content.
Use relevant hashtags: Use relevant hashtags to increase the discoverability of your tagged products. For example, use hashtags such as #shoppurses to create a separate bucket specifically for purses.
Engage with your audience: Respond to comments and messages related to your tagged products. This helps build engagement and relationships with your followers.
Leverage Instagram Stories: Use Instagram Stories to showcase your products in a more engaging and interactive way.
Monitor performance: Use Instagram Insights to track the performance of your product tags and make adjustments as needed.
By following these tips, you can effectively use Instagram product tags on posts and stories to drive sales and engagement for your business.
Wrapping it up
Instagram is an ever-growing platform that allows businesses to grow exponentially. With Instagram Business, you can cater their services to a wide range of audiences. Not only that, but Instagram product tagging has made it easy for businesses to reduce their sales process and improve revenue. How? By letting their audiences shop for their products without switching platforms!
Using this step-by-step guide, you can learn everything, right from how to make accounts and link them to each other on Shopify, Facebook, and Instagram; to how to make posts on Instagram with tagged products. Use our pro tips and Free tools to take your game to the next level.
You may also like,