Did you know Instagram’s latest offering in the microblogging circuit, Threads, is the fastest-growing app?
In a matter of 5 hours, the app showcased over 100 million sign-ups. That’s way more than the stir caused by ChatGPT.
Since its launch on July 5, 2023, the app has been quite the rage online. Here is a brand new text-based conversation application, which is Meta’s answer to X (previously known as Twitter).
And the best part? Logging in couldn’t be simpler.
All you need to do is use your Instagram details, get verified, and begin the text-based experience with Threads, with all the details carried over from your Instagram profile.
But how to create a thread on Instagram?
Let’s help you get started.
Instagram Threads: A Brief Overview
With Threads, you can join public conversations and share updates, including links, photos, and videos, with text limited to 500 characters in length.
The application is currently functional in over 100 countries for both iOS and Android. Instagram’s Community Guidelines are established for the creation of threads as well. Hence, all of your content and interactions within the app fall under the purview of the stipulated guidelines.
Further, you can block, unfollow, and restrict your account activity by reporting a profile, and all of your blocked accounts on Instagram are carried over here as well.
The feed on Threads includes posts from the accounts that you follow and also accounts recommended by Instagram to widen the exposure and reach of the accounts.
You can even post your content from the Threads app to your Instagram account by sharing the post of your liking as a link on the chosen social media platform.
How Do I Begin with Threads on Instagram?
Threads is a brand new way to make a splash on the social media scene, which is interoperable and will soon have open access to world-wide-web interactions. You can use Predis.ai video-maker features to create videos of 5 minutes in length with stunning animations, custom text, and pre-built templates.
Follow the below outline to kickstart your creative process on Threads:
1. Go to Google Play Store or Apple Store for your iOS and Android devices and install the Threads app
2. Thread is a subset of your Instagram account, and all you need to do is choose the username to get started.
3. In the case of multiple profiles, you can easily switch between profiles. The application also gives you the option to add new details to your profile, such as a link and bio details.
4. Once the profile is set up, you can make changes to your security as per your preferences. With a public profile, the entire world has access to your feed and, consequently, the posts on it. With a private profile, your followers will only have access to your account.
Note: Individuals under 16 years of age and, in certain countries, those over 18 years of age will have a private profile by default.
5. You can follow or unfollow the same accounts as on Instagram. All of the information gets carried over, and you need not worry about blocking accounts again on Threads.
6. Once all of the necessary steps are followed, you can accept the guidelines and important policies given by Instagram.
How to Create a Thread on Instagram?
The simplest way to get started is to jump into a conversation. Whether you want to post brand-new content or reply to already existing content, you can choose to share your opinions through text, images, and videos.
There are brand new features in polls and GIFs to enhance interactivity through the medium. The former can help you create a voting arena for the question of your choice, with options available to vote on for 24 hours.
In the latter case, you can add an element of quirky fun to a conversation by expressing it through GIFs. A GIF library is available, making it easier for you to share the GIF and see what’s trending.
Here is a step-by-step process to help you make an Instagram thread:
- Click on the notepad icon at the bottom of the home page of your app screen.
- You can then create your thread keeping in mind the character length (500 characters) and duration for videos (5 minutes). By using the @ symbol, you can add links, emojis, videos, and more.
3. Once you’re done, you can click on the post button. You can also use Predis’s scheduling assistant to align your threads efficiently.
Also, it’s fairly simple to engage with the threads that you like with similar icons available on Instagram:
- The quote bubble enables the commenting feature, and you can drop a comment or, in the case of threads, reply and form a conversation
- The report button helps you repost directly on your feed
- The paper airplane icon helps you share the thread on other social media platforms, including Instagram and X
Note: While you share the thread, the post will be visible, as seen in the image below and you won’t be able to alter a lot or make any elaborate modifications. The background remains unaltered, and so does the original thread. You can add stickers and GIFs, but that’s pretty much all you can do.
By following these tips, you’ll be fully equipped to create a compelling Instagram thread that looks great on your profile and gets the content out there to your audience.
Soon enough, it will be a common occurrence to see threads of content shared from an awesome Instagram account or page. Hop on the bandwagon of creators on Threads and make magic happen with your creative ideas.
You may also like,