Instagram has come a long way since it first launched in 2010. What started as a simple photo-sharing app has evolved into a powerful social media platform with over a billion monthly active users. Along with many features, you can also post multiple pictures on Instagram.
The app now offers a variety of features and options, such as filters, stickers, and the ability to share photos and videos from other apps. If you have the question – Why can’t I post multiple pictures on Instagram? Read on to know the reasons and fixes.
How to post multiple pictures on Instagram?
Did you know that the new updates on Instagram allow you to add more than just one photo to your Instagram post? Yes, that’s right. This feature makes it so much easier to add multiple pictures to your Instagram post in one go.
Adding multiple photos to your Instagram posts is easy and can help you show off different aspects of your day or tell a longer story. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app and go to the post section.
- Tap the photos to select the photos you’d like to add to your posts. You can select up to 10 photos from your camera roll.
- Once you’ve selected the photos you want to use, tap the arrow in the top right corner to continue.
- You can now edit your photos as usual, with the ability to add filters, change brightness, saturation and . When you’re finished, tap the arrow in the bottom right corner to add the photos to your Instagram post.
Why can’t I post multiple pictures on Instagram? Top reasons and Fixes.
There can be multiple reasons on why can’t I post multiple pictures on Instagram? Some of the common reasons are mentioned below
1. Internet connectivity issues:
If there is a poor internet connection, there can be trouble in using the Instagram app. This can also affect the feature where multiple pictures are uploaded on Instagram. You can also check your internet speed.
Fix: Solve the Internet connectivity issues
Check if the internet connection on your phone is good. Turn your phone to airplane mode and switch it off after a few seconds. This will help in restoring the internet connection. If still not helping, restart your device. If you are using Wi-Fi, then check its connection. Check the router and rectify if the connection is weak.
2. Accumulation of app cache:
Sometimes when a lot of App cache is accumulated in the phone, it can cause disturbances with the Instagram app. This will result in the Pictures not being posted and also not being able to post multiple pictures.
Fix: Clear app cache
If you use the Instagram app on your Android phone or tablet, here are the steps you need to take to clear its cache.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your phone and tap ‘Apps’.
- Find and tap ‘Instagram’ in the list of apps.
- Tap ‘Storage’.
- Tap ‘Clear Cache’.
If you’re an iPhone user and you’re sick of your Instagram multiple picture option not working, here’s a quick and easy way to clear the app’s cache.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Search ‘iPhone Storage‘, scroll down and tap on the Instagram app.
- Tap on the ‘Delete app‘. This will clear the cache for the Instagram app. Re-download the app from the app store.
Fix: Restart the phone
It could be your phone that is at fault sometimes. Try to restart the device to rectify the issue. For an Android phone long press the power button and select switch off or Reboot the phone. In an iPhone long-press the power button and switch off the phone and switch it back on or simply restart the phone.
3. Instagram app glitch:
Often, there might be a glitch in the Instagram app causing the trouble. The app will also have a glitch if multiple apps are running in the background of the phone. This will slow the app and cause hindrance to its features.
Fix: Force stop the Instagram app
If the problem persists even after trying other things, try to force-stop the Instagram app and reopen it.
On Android phone, to force stop Instagram,
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Open ‘Applications’
- Open ‘Instagram’
- Tap on ‘Force Stop’.
You’ll be prompted to confirm that you want to stop the app, tap ‘OK’.
To force stop the Instagram app on an iPhone,
One way is to go to the App Store and find the ‘Instagram’ app. Once you have found it, tap on the ‘X’ to delete the app. This will cause the app to stop running.
Another way to force stop the app is to go to your device’s Settings and tap on ‘General’. Then, tap on ‘Background App Refresh’. You will see a list of apps that are allowed to refresh in the background. Turn off the switch next to ‘Instagram’ to force stop the app
Fix: Reinstall the Instagram app
This will solve your “Why can’t I post multiple pictures on Instagram” problem.
If you have an android phone, you can follow these steps to reinstall the Instagram app:
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for ‘Instagram’. Tap on the ‘uninstall’ button.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, tap on the ‘install’ button. This will Install the app again.
- Once the app is installed, sign in with your Instagram username and password. You are now ready to use Instagram without any issues.
How to reinstall the Instagram app on an iPhone:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap the search icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. Type in ‘Instagram’ in the search bar and tap the search icon again.
- Find the Instagram app in the search results and tap ‘uninstall’. If prompted, enter your Apple ID password.
- Once the app is uninstalled, the ‘Get’ option will appear. Click on it to reinstall the app on your iPhone.
4. Using outdated app:
If you are using an old version of the Instagram app, there is a high chance that the features might not be showing in your app. If it is a new feature, then it will only appear after updating the app. Using an old version of the app will lack a lot of features like posting multiple pictures on Instagram.
Fix: Update the Instagram app
A simple reason for a glitch in the multiple pictures feature can be if your app is not updated to the latest version. Update your Instagram app to resolve this issue.
Here’s how to update Instagram on your Android phone:
- Open the ‘Google play store‘.
- Tap on the ‘Menu’ icon (three horizontal lines)
- Tap on ‘My apps & games’.
- Under ‘Updates Available’, tap Update next to Instagram
- Once the update is finished downloading, tap Open to launch the updated app.
You can also simply search the Instagram app in the search column and click on the update option next to the Instagram app (If new updates are available).
If you’re using an iPhone, you can update your Instagram app by going to the App Store.
- Open the ‘App Store’.
- Search for ‘Instagram’ app, and tap the ‘Update’ button next to it.
- Once the update is finished downloading, you can open the app and start using it.
5. Too much storage on the phone:
If your phone storage is full, it can lead to the slowing down of the Instagram app. This will create issues with many Instagram and you may end up asking the question, “Why can’t I post multiple pictures on Instagram?”.
Fix: Clear phone storage
If your phone storage is full it will slow down the phone and also slow down the different apps on the phone. Try to clear the storage on your phone by removing app caches and removing some things you might no longer need.
6. Use of Data saver:
If the data saver in your phone is turned on, it can cause hindrance with certain features on Instagram. Battery saver tries to stop any function that can cause extra data usage.
Fix: Turn off data saver mode
Data saver mode can block a lot of features in the Instagram app as it might demand high data usage. Simply turn off the data saver mode on the phone and try uploading the images again. If you have a data saver mode on in the Instagram app turn it off.
- Go to the ‘Instagram Settings’.
- Click on ‘Account Settings’.
- Go to ‘Cellular data usage’.
- turn data saver off.
7. Why can’t I post multiple pictures on Instagram? – Not using the proper option to select multiple images
Another reason for your question “Why can’t I post multiple pictures on Instagram?” could be not using the proper options to do the same. Use the right way to upload multiple pictures on Instagram.
Fix: Use proper options to upload multiple pictures
Use the proper options to upload multiple pictures on Instagram. To upload multiple pictures on Instagram use the option on the post uploading section on Instagram. You can also upload multiple images by long pressing on the first image and then select the rest of the images. You can post up to 10 images via this feature.
8. Instagram outage:
Often Instagram outage might be a reason for the hindrance in not being able to use certain features on Instagram.
Fix: Check if Instagram is Down
You can use check on the internet if Instagram is down here. This way you can be sure that the problem is with Instagram services, you can try uploading the pictures when Instagram is up again.
9. Pictures violating Instagram guidelines:
There are certain guidelines in the Instagram app regarding the kind of pictures, videos, and content that can be posted on the app. If multiple images that you are uploading have any image that does not follow Instagram guidelines, then you will not be able to post it on Instagram.
Fix: Check the Image you are uploading
Check the image that you’re trying to upload. If it does not match with the Instagram guidelines, then try changing the image and uploading something that matches with the Instagram guidelines. Check the Instagram community guidelines if you have a problem uploading multiple images.
Wrapping it up
After going through this blog hopefully, you have answers to your question “why can’t I post multiple pictures on Instagram?”. Go through the reasons and solutions to rectify this issue. If it is an Instagram-related issue then the only option is to wait till it is resolved or simply report the issue on the Instagram app.
Since we are here, Are you looking for something much more revolutionary which will even help you make content!
Sign up for Predis.ai today! Manage your social media channels and also improve engagement by designing interactive posts within a few clicks.