Instagram is a photo-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc. It was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger and launched in October 2010 exclusively on iOS. A version for Android devices was released a year and a half later, followed by a feature-limited website interface in November 2012, and apps for Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 in April 2016 and October 2016 respectively. With 1 billion Monthly Active Users, Instagram has become the go-to platform for businesses to market their products and services. With so many potential users to show your posts to, you would wish that whatever you post, is not cropped. Instagram users often face the question, how to make pictures fit on Instagram without cropping?
The app allows users to upload photos and videos, which can be edited with filters and organized with tags. Users can browse other users’ content by tags and locations, and view trending content. Users can “like” photos, and follow other users to add their content to a feed.
Different post sizes on Instagram:
To post on Instagram, you first need to download the app and create an account. Once you’ve done this, you can start sharing photos and videos by uploading them to the app. You can also add filters, captions, and location tags to your posts.
In the past, Instagram was only available on mobile devices. However, in 2015, they released a desktop version of the site. On the mobile app, posts are displayed in a 1:1 aspect ratio. That means that the width of the post is the same as the height of the post. The aspect ratio of a post is important because it determines how much of the post is visible on different devices.
- 1:1 – 1080*1080 px
- 4:5 – 1080*1350 px
- 1.91:1 – 1080*608 px
How to make pictures fit on Instagram without cropping?
There are multiple ways to upload a picture on Instagram posts without actually cropping the image. Follow the different tricks below to make pictures fit on Instagram without cropping. These are easy-to-use tips and tricks and do not take much at all!
1. Resize the picture in Instagram while posting
To resize the image make pictures fit on Instagram without cropping, open the Instagram app and follow the steps below –
- Open the post option on the top right corner of the screen by tapping on the plus icon +.
- Choose the photo you want to post.
- There will be an option with two two L symbols like that of an edge frame.
- Tap on it to make the picture fit into the screen.
- On the contrary one can also use two fingers to zoom out the picture and fit it in the post frame.
- This way you can make pictures fit on Instagram without cropping.
The only disadvantage of using this feature is the limited fitting size of the image. Certain images will not fit in completely and will require editing on other portals.
2. Resize the image in your gallery
To resize the image which is not fitting into the Instagram post frame even after adjusting it on the app, follow the steps given below.
- Most phones have an editing option in the gallery.
- Simply go to the Image you want to edit.
- Tap on edit option.
- Depending on your device, choose border/ fit/ crop option from the list.
- Adjust the image by cropping it to your desired ratio or add a border which will make your image smaller. Save the image.
3. Resize using editing apps
There are multiple editing apps online that will resize the image to make pictures fit on Instagram without cropping it. Few of the apps are Picsart, Canva, Whitagram and so many more apps can be found on the Apple store as well on the Google play store.
- Go to the photo editing app you desire to use.
- Click and choose the image you want to fit on Instagram. Now surf through the edit options.
- You can either resize the image by choosing the image size options which might be present in certain editing apps.
- Or you can manually edit it by adding a border to the image to make pictures fit on Instagram without cropping.
- Adjust the image according to the size required.
- save the picture and upload it on Instagram.
Wasn’t this as simple as it can be?
Wrapping it up
Concluding on which way is better to use when wanting to make pictures fit on Instagram without cropping, always depends on the type of image. If it fits while posting on Instagram itself, what’s better than that? But if it is still not fitting, one can go for other ways to make pictures fit on Instagram without cropping. Whatever image you post, make sure that it looks complete and fits the frame by following the steps and tricks in this blog.
While posting the picture, tap on the Fit option (two ‘L’ icons like that of an edge frame). Make the picture fit into the screen. You can also use two fingers to manually adjust the picture.
Since we are here, Are you looking for something much more revolutionary which will even help you make content! Sign up for Predis.ai today! Manage your social media channels and also improve engagement by designing interactive posts within a few clicks.