In today’s world of social media, it is absolutely necessary to go with the social media trends. Especially if you are a business or a social media personality, we all know how the audience expects fresh and new content all the time. But you might run out of content ideas at some point. This is why we are here with the August content calendar for social media, which will help you keep your social media up to date in the month of August.
August content calendar ideas:
If you are running short of content ideas for the month of August, we’ve got you covered! There are multiple events and important days this month that will help you keep your posting game strong. Go through the following content to get more ideas:
1. World Breastfeeding Week:
World Breastfeeding Week is an annual global observance dedicated to raising awareness about the importance and benefits of breastfeeding for infants and mothers. It takes place from August 1st to August 7th each year. The week serves as a platform to promote and support breastfeeding as a vital component of sustainable development.
The following ideas can be used to post on World Breastfeeding Week:
- Informing and educating about breastfeeding
- Posts empowering mothers
- Advocating for breastfeeding-friendly policies through your social media posts or stories
2. National Smile Week:
National Smile Week is an observance dedicated to promoting the power and benefits of smiling. It is a week-long celebration that encourages people to share smiles, spread positivity, and recognize the impact a smile can have on individuals and communities.
The exact dates for National Smile Week may vary from year to year, but it is typically observed during the second week of August. The purpose of this observance is to raise awareness about the importance of smiling and its positive effects on mental health, social interactions, and overall well-being.
You can post about the following things this week:
- Smiling and spreading positivity
- Acts of kindness
- Promote oral health
- Smile-themed events and activities
3. World Wide Web Day: August 1
World Wide Web Day, also known as Web Day, is an annual observance that celebrates the invention and impact of the World Wide Web. It is commemorated on August 1st each year to honor the technological advancements that have revolutionized the way we access and share information.
Following are ideas for social media posts on World Wide Web Day:
- Stories appreciating the technology
- promote web literacy
- posts reflecting on the World Wide Web’s evolution
- Share web-related content.
4. World Lung Cancer Day: August 1
World Lung Cancer Day is observed on August 1st every year to raise awareness about lung cancer, its prevention, and the need for early detection and treatment. This global initiative aims to educate the public about the risk factors associated with lung cancer and the importance of adopting healthy habits to reduce the incidence of this disease.
Use the following post ideas to promote lung health:
- Posts for advocacy and fundraising
- Awareness post about lung cancer
- If you are conducting events, then you can post about the events on social media.
- Educational polls to show the causes of lung cancer
- Promote no smoking.
- Post about a healthy lifestyle to avoid lung cancer.
5. Sister’s Day: August 6
Sisters Day is a special day dedicated to celebrating the bond and relationship between sisters. It is a time to honor the unique connection, love, and friendship shared between sisters and express appreciation for their presence in each other’s lives.
Sisters Day is typically celebrated on the first Sunday of August, although the exact date may vary. Share posts like those mentioned below on your Instagram or Facebook accounts.
- Show off the quality time that you spend with your sister.
- If you exchanged gifts or cards, post about it in your stories.
- Post quotes related to Sister’s Day.
- Share memories and stories with your sister.
- Post a poem about a sister’s love.
6. International Cat Day: August 8
International Cat Day is a global observance that celebrates our feline companions and raises awareness about the welfare and well-being of cats. It is observed annually on August 8th and serves as a day to appreciate the special bond between humans and cats, promote responsible cat ownership, and advocate for the protection of cats. You can find unique post ideas for this day below:
- Share pictures and videos of your cat.
- Emphasize cat adoption rather than buying fancy breeds in your posts.
- Raise a poll and fundraise for the cat shelter.
- Support cat welfare organizations.
- Post-cat-related memes on social media.
- If you spent quality time with your cat, then feel free to share those images, videos, and stories on this day.
7. Book Lover’s Day: August 9
Book Lover’s Day is an annual observance that celebrates the joy and love of reading books. It is a day dedicated to all bookworms and bibliophiles around the world, encouraging them to indulge in their passion for literature and explore the magic of books. Book Lover’s Day is typically celebrated on August 9th each year.
On this special day, do post about the following on your social media:
- Post a photo of yourself reading a book.
- Show your followers your recent book picks.
- Post the pictures in case you visit a book fair, book club, or library.
- Share book recommendations.
- Support authors and independent book writers through your social media.
- Start a reading challenge online.
8. Son and daughter day: August 11
Son and Daughter Day is an observance dedicated to celebrating the special bond between parents and their children. It is a day to honor and appreciate the love, joy, and unique relationships shared with sons and daughters. While there isn’t a specific date universally recognized as Son and Daughter Day, it is often celebrated on August 11th or the third Sunday in August.
On this special day, you can add the following ideas to your August content calendar:
- Show off your sons and daughters through posts or videos.
- If you celebrate this day, then share moments from it on social media.
- Share your support for all the parents who have adopted sons and daughters.
- Write a letter for your sons and daughters and share it in your stories.
9. International Youth Day: August 12
International Youth Day is an observance held annually on August 12th. It is an initiative by the United Nations (UN) to raise awareness about the challenges and issues faced by young people around the world. The day aims to promote the rights and well-being of young people and celebrate their potential as active participants in society. You can post the following on social media:
- Encourage youth through your posts.
- Post about all the challenges faced by the youth.
- Share all the things that can be done to help the youth.
- Post about all the schemes that exist for youth in your country and raise awareness about them.
10. World Elephant Day: August 12
World Elephant Day is an annual global event celebrated on August 12th to raise awareness about the urgent plight of elephants and promote their conservation and welfare. The day aims to highlight the importance of protecting elephants and their habitats as well as address the various issues they face, including poaching, habitat loss, human-elephant conflict, and captivity.
On this special day, remember to post about this event on social media to raise awareness and knowledge about elephants.
- Post about elephants and their natural habitat.
- Help the audience understand elephant conservation and its importance.
- Fun facts about elephants
- Information on elephants
11. Black Cat Appreciation Day: August 17
Black Cat Appreciation Day is a day dedicated to celebrating and honoring black cats. It is typically observed on August 17 every year. The purpose of this day is to raise awareness about the beauty, uniqueness, and often misunderstood nature of black cats.
As well as to promote their adoption and dispel common myths and superstitions surrounding them. You can post about the following things on Black Cat Appreciation Day:
- Post in favor of black cat adoption.
- Show the audience that superstitions related to black cats are not real and that black cats are not bad luck.
- Promote the health and conservation of black cats in shelters.
12. Photography Day: August 19
Photography Day is an annual celebration of the art, science, and passion of photography. It is a day dedicated to appreciating the power of photography and the impact it has on our lives. Photography Day is observed on August 19th each year, providing an opportunity for photographers, enthusiasts, and people from all walks of life to come together and celebrate the beauty of this medium.
Be sure to post something on Instagram and Facebook on Photography Day. Use the ideas given below:
- Film moments and post them on social media
- Explore Photography exhibitions, and do not forget to share them on social media.
- Share your photography work.
- Post an appreciation for the history of photography.
13. World Humanitarian Day: August 19
Every year on August 19, people celebrate World Humanitarian Day. It is a day dedicated to honoring and recognizing humanitarian efforts worldwide, as well as paying tribute to individuals who have lost their lives or suffered injuries while carrying out humanitarian work.
You can post the following ideas on this special day:
- Post about Commemorations and Memorials
- Share about Humanitarian campaigns
- Post about Humanitarian Awards and Recognitions
- Volunteer in different humanitarian activities and take it to your social media as well.
14. National Radio Day: August 20
National Radio Day is celebrated annually on August 20th. It is a day to recognize and appreciate the impact that radio has had on communication, entertainment, and the dissemination of information. Radio has played a significant role in shaping culture, connecting people, and providing a platform for news, music, storytelling, and various forms of programming.
Post on social media using the ideas given below:
- Explore Different Genres and Stations and share this in your stories.
- Post about the history of radio.
- Show your support for local radio.
- Engage with radio personalities and post it on social media.
- Share your radio memories.
15. National Poetry Day: August 21
Poetry Day is a celebration of poetry and its impact on culture, language, and personal expression. According to data, national poet’s Day is celebrated on August 21 in most countries.
On this day, people appreciate the different poets and how they have influenced their lives. Following are some ideas for posting on this day:
- Post about your favorite poem.
- You can also write a poem yourself and share it on your Instagram account.
- Share your favorite poet.
- Post about different poets who influenced the history of poetry.
16. National Waffle Day: August 24
National Waffle Day is celebrated in the United States on August 24th each year. It is a day dedicated to honoring and indulging in the deliciousness of waffles.
Waffles are a popular breakfast food made from a batter that is cooked between two hot plates, creating a distinctive grid pattern. On National Waffle Day, take to social media and post about the following for August content calendar:
- Share images of waffles.
- Post a video of you making waffles.
- Share with your followers where your favorite places to get waffles are.
- You can also post about the different varieties of waffles that are available.
17. Women’s Equality Day: August 26
Women’s Equality Day serves as a reminder of the ongoing fight for gender equality and the achievements made in advancing women’s rights. It is a day to honor the suffragettes and activists who fought for women’s suffrage and to recognize the progress that has been made in improving gender equality.
On this day, you can post about the following ideas:
- Share about how women equally deserve education.
- Share glimpses from Gender Equality Discussions and events.
- Celebrate Women’s Achievements by posting them on social media.
- Share about equal rights and advocacy for women.
- Show support for women-owned businesses.
18. National Dog Day: August 26
National Dog Day is celebrated annually on August 26th in the United States. It is a day dedicated to appreciating and honoring dogs of all breeds and sizes and recognizing their importance in our lives. The day aims to raise awareness about dog adoption, promote responsible pet ownership, and highlight the significant contributions that dogs make to our society.
Post about the following things on this special day for August content calendar:
- Raise awareness for dog adoption instead of buying dogs.
- Share awareness about donating to dog shelters.
- Volunteer at a shelter and share images.
- Share images and videos of your dog.
- Promote responsible dog ownership.
- Support dog-related causes.
19. International Day Against Nuclear Tests: August 29
Every year on August 29th, the International Day Against Nuclear Tests is observed. It was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 2009 to raise awareness about the dangers of nuclear weapons and advocate for a global ban on nuclear testing.
The day aims to promote peace and security by highlighting the importance of preventing nuclear tests and eliminating the threat posed by nuclear weapons. It serves as a reminder of the devastating consequences of nuclear testing on human lives, the environment, and global security. You can post about the importance of celebrating this day and emphasize carrying out campaigns and events for this cause.
20. National Beach Day: August 30
National Beach Day is celebrated on August 30th in the United States. It is a day dedicated to appreciating and enjoying the beauty and recreational opportunities offered by beaches. As beaches hold a special place in many people’s hearts, this day encourages individuals to visit the beach, relax, have fun, and appreciate the natural wonders of coastal areas.
Share the following things on social media on National Beach Day:
- Visit a beach and share images or videos of it.
- Post about Beach Sports and Activities
- Beach Picnic or BBQ images and videos on stories
- Post about Environmental Conservation
- Capture beach memories and share them on social media.
Wrapping it up
In this blog, we covered the best post ideas for August content calendar. Posting on Instagram and Facebook can sometimes get overwhelming since we all might run out of ideas at some point. But this blog is to the rescue.
There are a lot of events in August you can post about and keep your social media accounts up-to-date. Happy August!
You may also like,